Understanding Dementia 1 - Introduction to Dementia
This course has been designed to provide you with an introduction to what dementia is, the causes and effects of dementia, and how it can affect people.
Working with people who have dementia is not easy. It can be upsetting, trying and challenging, but it can also be very rewarding and satisfying.
This series is made of up five courses, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care. The aim of this is to provide an understanding of dementia, with the goal of:
- giving you a better understanding of what living with dementia is like, and
- making working with people affected by dementia more rewarding for them and you.
This course, Introduction to Dementia, will provide an understanding of:
- what dementia is
- the types and causes of dementia
- the difference between confusion and dementia
- conditions people with dementia may develop, and
- the different stages of dementia. This course is made of up five modules, each providing training in different aspects of dementia care.
Assessment of competency
To receive a nationally accredited outcome you must also successfully complete an assessment of competency with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) who is able to issue this unit of competency within their Scope of Registration.
This will need to occur after you have completed this course.
The courses features:
- Adaptics - e3's unique approach to refresher training
- professional audio
- animation and interactivity
- WCAG 2.0 accessibility
- multi-device compatible
- assessments, and
- a certificate of completion.
This series is aimed at anyone who knows or is responsible for caring for someone with dementia.
The Understanding Dementia series has been developed against the national competency 'CHCAGE005: Provide support to people living with dementia'.
This unit forms part of Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing Specialisation) and the Certificate IV in Ageing Support qualifications within the Community Services Training Package. If you are currently studying for a Community Services qualification, this series should provide you with the theoretical understanding required to help you achieve the above competency.
$38.50 (AUD) per subscription